Mollie C. Barton
Attorney at Law
- P (804) 545-9921
- F (804) 545-9805
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody, Visitation & Support
- Collaborative Law & Mediation
- LGBT Family Issues
- Spousal Support
Mollie Barton practices in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody, visitation, and support. She provides guidance to her clients through litigation, mediation, and Collaborative Law.
She also helps clients navigate the process of family formation through adoption and assisted reproductive technology. She has represented intended parents and donors in negotiation and drafting of embryo donation and sperm donation contracts. Mollie is a committed advocate and creative problem solver. Her reassuring presence and empathic approach help clients feel confident and comfortable as they work to resolve their legal matters.
Mollie has been with Stiles Ewing Powers PC since 2006 and was named a shareholder in 2015.
She has been selected for inclusion in Virginia Rising Stars in Richmond magazine since 2009 and Virginia Super Lawyers since 2014. For three years, Mollie was named to the list of Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers. Mollie was included in the 24th edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
Mollie is currently serving as President of the Board of the Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association. She is an active member of the Richmond Family Law Bar Association, Virginia Collaborative Professionals, and Collaborative Professionals of Richmond.
Mollie is a 2004 graduate of the George Mason University School of Law, where she was a participant in the Domestic Relations Legal Clinic and a student member of the George Mason American Inn of Court. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Bryn Mawr College in 1996 and received a Master of Arts degree in American Studies at the College of William & Mary in 1998. Mollie was formerly associated with Colten Cummins Watson & Vincent PC in Fairfax, Virginia, where she practiced family law and volunteered with several pro bono programs.
Mollie lives in the City of Richmond with her husband and three children. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and cooking.
Past Employment Positions
Cummins Watson & Vincent, PC, Associate, 2004 – 2006
Will Equal Marriage Equate to Equal Divorce?, Virginia State Bar Family Law Quarterly, Winter 2014/2015 edition
Panelist, The Supreme Court’s Decision on Marriage Equality, Richmond Business Alliance, 2015
Honors & Awards
- Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers, 2016-2017, 2021
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2014 -2021
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2009-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- J.D. – George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia, 2004
- M.A., American Studies – The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1998
- A.B., History & Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology – Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, 1996
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, President 2021-2022
- VSB Special Committee on Bench-Bar Relations, Vice Chairman, 2015, Member, 2013-2014
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference, Board of Governors, 2009-2013
- Legal Services Corporation of Virginia, Board, 2011-2013
- Collaborative Professionals of Richmond, Co-Chair, 2015-2016
- Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals