Mollie C. Barton
Attorney at Law
- P (804) 545-9921
- F (804) 545-9805
Areas of Practice
Mollie Barton has been with Stiles Ewing Powers PC since 2006 and was named a shareholder in 2015. Her practice is focused on Family Law and Collaborative Law. She has been selected for inclusion in Virginia Rising Stars in Richmond magazine since 2009 and Virginia Super Lawyers since 2014. For two years, Mollie was named to the list of Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers. Mollie has been included in the 24th edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
Mollie serves as Secretary of the Board of the Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association. She is an active member of the Richmond Family Law Bar Association, Virginia Collaborative Professionals, and Collaborative Professionals of Richmond.
Mollie is a 2004 graduate of the George Mason University School of Law, where she was a participant in the Domestic Relations Legal Clinic and a student member of the George Mason American Inn of Court. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Bryn Mawr College in 1996 and received a Master of Arts degree in American Studies at the College of William & Mary in 1998. Mollie was formerly associated with Colten Cummins Watson & Vincent PC in Fairfax, Virginia, where she practiced family law and volunteered with several pro bono programs.
Mollie lives in the City of Richmond with her husband and two children. She enjoys spending time with her family, including practicing Tae Kwon Do, traveling, and cooking.
Past Employment Positions
Cummins Watson & Vincent, PC, Associate, 2004 – 2006
Will Equal Marriage Equate to Equal Divorce?, Virginia State Bar Family Law Quarterly, Winter 2014/2015 edition
Panelist, The Supreme Court’s Decision on Marriage Equality, Richmond Business Alliance, 2015
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers, 2016-2017
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2014 -2018
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2009-2013
- J.D. – George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia, 2004
- M.A., American Studies – The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1998
- A.B., History & Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology – Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, 1996
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association, Secretary 2018-2019
- VSB Special Committee on Bench-Bar Relations, Vice Chairman, 2015, Member, 2013-2014
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference, Board of Governors, 2009-2013
- Legal Services Corporation of Virginia, Board, 2011-2013
- Collaborative Professionals of Richmond, Co-Chair, 2015-2016
- Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals